Sunday, May 31, 2009

Learning Espanol, Thug Style.

Spanish is a subject studied for a number of years throughout both my public and transition into private school, however I'm by no means fluent nor even sufficient. To rectify this sad reality I must improve, become better, develop my skills. And so to this end I've decided that the most logical thing for me to do is to listen to mad amounts of Puerto Rican rap, memorize the lyrics, pronunciation, and meaning, then next thing I know after time, effort, and practice, I'll know the deal. What I'm wondering is if the parallel will hold true, in that should an individual not know English, then learn it by listening to 2Pac, 50, and Wu Tang, would they sound like a thug in the language? I hope so, and project that I'll be rocking and rolling Espanol silly like and all gangsta-ish as soon as I've internalized the flows. Mi lengua es Ingles porque yo estudio ahora, escucho con la reggatone porque es proximo de la hora. Now the real question is, should I learn from Nengo Flow or Conculluela, the feuding rappers in Puerto Rico who have brought about an East/West style division in their rap world, as should one be crushed, I'd woe my Spanish to taste of the losing lyricist/street soldier's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment