Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Analogue Gentleman Going All Digitial

Seated up in the Bean Counter, a transcendental coffee shop with cupcakes that will melt your mind into an ocean of pleasurable waves, I type impatiently upon my laptop. For my gig as an academic ghost writer I've a six page paper to write upon how transactive memory affects one's performance upon the job, and more specifically, how it influences consensus and teamwork, and between reading I watch a video upon the Berrics Trickipedia of a pro boarder doing a kickflip like a god, learning for his form. The client needs three sources, specific articles to be sourced, and I've only one to download, in the form of a pdf. Drawing my Blackberry Curve, Maroon and leathered, I email my fill-in editor at the company, Kasra curiously not the man on the other end for a time, stating as such, that I've only so much time, so much access, and need the information right quick. Two minutes later a chi-gong sound effects goes off thrice. I check it. The information has arrived via a yousendit link which I download. Data, as with knowledge, is power, and so armed with my source arsenal proceed forth to load it up and fire off. Rock and Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment