Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Econo-Terrorism and the Ethical Implications of "Victimless" Credit Fraud and Innovative Entrepreneurship

Good afternoon. Awakening to a text message notifying me of a relatively large charge to my bank account, I brew me a pot of medium blend, take the half-eye blue pup for a stroll, then investigate. This Gent's debit card information had been thieved and capitalized upon for the purchase of a number of iPhone accessories from an online vendor in the now faraway state of Oregon. Two years past I'd experienced credit theft as well, at that time hydroponic equipment having been bought from an Emerald-Triangle CA-based online vendor.

Credit Info Theft > Start-Up Necessity Purchase (>) Entrepreneurship  =  Econo-Terrorism
                                                                           (or prison...)

I find such funding of entrepreneurial endeavors, such as iPhone accessory sales and marijuana (medicinal perhaps?) production, through "victimless" credit fraud to be relatively innovative, outside-the-box, and also the law. Econo-Terrorism with a capitalist slant is what I see; the ultimate damage is done to the bank, yet I nonetheless am inconvenienced during the fraud reset/refund period, up to 5 business days, an ungodly amount of time to some, not so much to others, but nonetheless, weak. Predatory financial practices I do not doubt the banks understand all too intimately, the loan-laden myth of higher education and rapacious mortgages among them, so the ethical angle on behalf of the ECONO-TERRORISTS towards the banks is transparent, but I wonder, how do they feel, ideologically   morally   ethically, about the negative impact and stress brought upon the interim-victims, Americans such as myself?

Upon having achieved my phD, I will publish an article on this within a sociology journal, ostensibly cited as such:

Westerman, M.J. (2015) The Ethical Implications of  "Victimless" Econo-Terrorism, from the Camp of Capitalist Utilitarianism. Some American Journal of Sociology.  X(x): a-z.






No comments:

Post a Comment