Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Oregon Initiation

I fly, hesitant to take with me only a lighter. Upon landing I meet Alice, after meeting a rather friendly airport employee named Craig who offered to make me Filipino food, then like I said, I meet Alice, don't in any way inference the classic animated film, procure a lighter, and rise up from the airport into the city. At first I see a corporate absurdity, Best Buy Staples etc, but am quickly assured the only lame part is near the home of the airplanes. Coming to the neighborhood, I check out the pad, nice with an interesting flair, seven picture frames mounted upon the wall in an abstract pattern with only two having pictures, the others; empty... Skateboarding out onto Burnside I catch a wafting aroma in the air, one of glory, like napalm in the morning almost but not quite victorious. Tucan Samming it I follow my nose and come upon VooDoo donuts, apparently their satellite location in SE Portland, immediately killing a Butterfinger, chocolate cake donut with buttercream frosting topped in butterfinger chunks, and get a few to go, being sidetracked by a travelled lady by the name of Tricia who I follow to her apartment, from which she'd been locked out of, to observe and learn her skills at picking a lock; she was unable to do so but offered to buy me a beer; kind people here; but I had people to see, places, and so I had to go. Meeting Tamara for the first time the second time around, chilling, plagiarizing a paper on Jesus, and plotting the plan of tomorrow, the literary hunting and munchie opportunities. Blogging. Crashing. Unconsciously Rocking and Rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment